Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tree of LIfe

Tree of Life: by Laurie Jackson 3/20/2010

In order to enjoy this blog or get anything out of it, you MUST have an imagination. So just close your eyes, no wait! You gotta keep ‘em open to read this. Seriously, you have to picture a very wise older Japanese man. let’s say..? someone just like Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid. Got it? Okay.. say this next phrase with a Mr. Miyagi accent: “Tree root in-a winta-time an-a fruit in-a summa-time.” I hope you were able to conjure all that up. Lol ☺

What Mr. Miyagi, said was that Tree’s of all types, only find new roots during the winter season because the nutrients is no longer available from the sun. In the summer time the tree expends all of it’s energy to produce fruit and has plenty of nutrients from the sun. In the winter time trees must dig down deeper to get nutrients for life. Both seasons are very important. If a tree never rooted deeper down into the soil it couldn’t produce more fruit in the summer season. Also a tree becomes more stable and harder to “shake” as it roots down deeper and deeper. When it is freezing outside the trees’ only source of nutrients must come from deep down under the frozen soil because it gets little nutrients from the sun or rain in the winter.

Of course this whole process is phenomenal! We have an amazing creator! We are all spiritual beings and grow physically as well as spiritually. Whether we believe this way or not, your spirit is
Growing. It is amazing how trees and plants can endure incredible hard ship and still grow. I believe people are even more amazing then the tree species. ☺

The point of this blog is to encourage anyone, including myself, during the winter seasons of life. Could it be that when life seems barren, restless and just plain hard, we, as living creations are just like the tree, being prepared for more life giving fruit in our lives?

I believe we need to dig down deeper into our souls and look “harder” for the source of life when life “seems” hard and cold. When a pregnant mother is preparing for her soon coming child she begins to get restless and uncomfortable. If it’s her FIRST child she has NO idea how beautiful and amazing this will be.

“Tree root in-a winta-time an-a fruit in-a summa-time”

We can see the hard days; months or even years as opportunities to believe we will be better, stronger and more life- giving people. To me, these thoughts are filled with truth and wisdom and give the hard-times more purpose to the pain. I love being encouraged by someone who has gone through a difficult issue. I find it even more comforting to be encouraged by a person who has come through some of life’s most difficult circumstances and have more amazing Love and life as a result.

It is so disheartening when someone gives trite words, when I am in the depths of despair. Like “Buck up” or “get over it” There is no wisdom here and certainly no love or compassion. Instead, I am encouraged to move on when a person brings wisdom, insight and love with their words to me.

So I WON’T ever say, “buck up” to anyone. I would look for someone who has been there and truly triumphed. You may not even have to look outside your own self. We’ve all experienced pain and all of us have the source of life in our hearts.

However you choose to root “in-a- winta” season, remember that you have to dig deeper for the source of life and expand your wisdom, love for yourself and others. This will make the rooting process, less confusing, but not necessarily less painful. Think about the kindness and gentleness of a wise, loving and experienced person speaking directly to you. You may come up with some amazing insights that change your entire Life. ☺

I hope you enjoyed reading, “Tree of Life.”

“Tree root in-a winta-time an-a fruit in-a summa-time” ☺

5 comments:

  1. I would love to have your comments.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great analogy. I've often sensed that my growth comes in cycles. This makes beautiful sense to me, thank you so much :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, this is full of so much insight and wisdom. It's so true of what I have experienced...times of winter have brought so much new life when spring arrives and thaws what was frozen. What seemed so dead and lifeless has produced unimaginable beauty. It can be excruciating to be in that winter time, but if we hold on, springtime is just around the corner:) The warm sun, budding trees, singing birds and colorful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH! Mom this is great, I loved it so much. This actually encouraged me. It's interesting, as I was reading this, I remembered the song from Princess and the Frog, "Dig a little deeper." X3! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica and Shannon.. thanks for your incredibly,encouraging comments. so Glad it brought life to you. :)

    Justine; that is too funny.. I do remember that.. I loved that movie.!. I want us to own it. thks for your very loved support.

    ReplyDelete