Sunday, April 25, 2010

Heavy thought trips: by Laurie Jackson

Heavy thought trips: by Laurie Jackson

In my OWN definition I believe occult type thinking or brainwashing is when a person believes or thinks something based on another person’s conclusions and not based on his or her own personal conclusions. Kind of like, “think for yourself”. I’m not saying not to get information elsewhere or even just decide in yourself to have faith in something. I’m proposing that we need to come to our own personal conclusions about things from our own experiences. Even my faith in God has come from many experiences and not just a one size fits all faith but based on my OWN personal journey.

To me, being of “sound mind” is when my thoughts and opinions are based on my own conclusions that my personal journey in life has brought me to.

I just looked up the word occult and the word brainwashing. Very thought provoking. ☺

I love the science channel. I learn so much from these scientists. I appreciate people who search out and discover things. Some of the scientists “seem” to still be caught up in the rhetoric they have heard and are not thinking for themselves. You can tell the shows that have the scientists that are open minded and not trying to prove anything to you but just show you what they have found or discovered for themselves. These types of cable shows fascinate me and I’ve sat and watched them for hours at a time. ☺ Well, maybe I was bored.

The book of proverbs in the King James Bible says… It is an honor for a King to search out a matter. What does this mean? My OWN interpretation is that the writer is saying…. A highly respected individual is honored to have to work out their own solutions for their own life or, (kingdom). Another proverb popped out (not literally. I was not taking any drugs at the time)… at me a few years ago that said: “He who gets wisdom loves His own soul”. In my OWN opinion of this proverb it meant that when you truly love yourself way down deep you will aspire and desire to improve your self and seek out a sounder mind because you care about you. This is my OWN opinion. So instead of trying to get smart so you can Love yourself you get smarted BECAUSE you value and love yourself.


I love writing down my thoughts because it seems to help me process what I’m learning. This way I don’t need to philosophies with people who really don’t have that bent. ☺ My husband really appreciates this. I have a few people that just LOVE to chat about everything under the sun. This is actually enjoyable for some of us. When I find these people we have some of the most amazing conversations.

I’ve always loved to ask questions. When I get fearful of any given situation my questioning seems to turn into anxious rumination. So this can be the down side to it. There is a good diet for your mind and a bad one, just like our bodies we need balance. There is always a balance to the things you enjoy doing and as I age, I’m finding that my interests in life are expanding and expounding.

I believe I have a creator that made me to think, reason, create and ponder this life He created for Himself and us. I believe the creator, I call Father, loves to have conversations with us. ☺

Thanks for joining me in this life journey…

No comments:

Post a Comment