Saturday, October 9, 2010

DON’T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET…. By Laurie Jackson 10/9/2010


DON’T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET…. By Laurie Jackson 10/9/2010

I’m getting so upset as I watch my friends and family members have cancer, get surgery and suffer in so many ways, just because we are not ASKING ANY QUESTIONS! We are just going along with the Emperor and not wearing any clothes, humiliating ourselves. Not to mention freezing our butts off.

Everyone knows the “Frog in the pot analogy” right? If you don’t, let me explain. You can put a frog in a luke-warm pot right on the stove without a lid. They won’t jump out because they like it there. The water feels great! Well, because they are cold blooded and stupid, you can slowly turn up the heat as there body temperature adapts they STILL will NOT jump out, hence killing themselves even though all along they could have jumped out! Get it? We are not cold blooded nor dumb. Or are we? As I grow-up and attain more wisdom with age, I become ever more aware of this mental health issue. (I so wish the grey hair and wrinkles were not included.) LOL… Anyway, I’m getting so aggravated with the many “Basket cases” in our culture. Let me explain.

You got the medical institution, I love the Doctors they save lives! If I had a severed arm I would go straight to the Emergency room. I have not heard of a better place to go for help in this situation. If you have, let me know and I will consider “OTHER OPTIONS.” If I had cancer, I would consider ALL my options. There is ALWAYS MORE then one solution to any given problem. I’ve read too much about health at this point to just sit through chemo. I would consider it, but I would also consider or at least ask some questions and not just take one person’s opinion. Isn’t this just basic wisdom? Here is a verse for all you scriptures huggers out there. (Proverbs 24:6)…there is wisdom in a multitude of counsel). BTW I’m a fellow “scripture hugger”. I love the scriptures. It can always back up pure truth. If it’s not pure, well, you’ll have to take it out of context first. Anyway back to the subject.

I’m just exasperated with how crazy everyone seems to be getting. It’s like we’re living in the Fricken Twilight Zone. Not thinking for ourselves, not asking any questions, taking one persons word for it. Come on people lets surmise a little. I love Martin Luther King Jr. He is one of my favorite people. He said:

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking.
There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked
solutions." ~Martin Luther King Jr.

So let’s talk about Theology. Oh yes I did write that. I used to think my pastor new all the answers, in-fact, when I was a newly wed; I used to think my husband had all the answers. I learned quickly that he did not. I believe Even Jesus Christ himself wants us to think, surmise and ask questions about the truth. All the Jewish people were trained to reason and think. This is the very culture Jesus chose to live in. I read a book called “Velvet Elvis”. It was phenomenal, and it covered much about the Jewish culture and how they were taught to reason together. I’ve learned more from the Holy Spirit asking Him questions then I’ve ever learned from a five- point sermon. Just saying! Now I’ve learned a lot from a sermon here and there but I always think about what is being taught, for myself, as well. The best teachers will encourage this. I posted this the other day on face book. I had so many amazing responses and met some new great friends.
ANY: institution that doesn't encourage you to "think for yourself" but rather tells you how and what to think is Occult and you should not give them that much control. This goes for the marriage institution, family, school, medical, your government and your church institution. Wow, I just had to get that out there......What does everyone “think” about this?~ Laurie Jackson
And my friend loved it so much that she translated it into Spanish:
Cualquier institucion que no te motiva a "pensar" por "ti" mismo, pero
al contrario te dice "que y como" pensar es un culto y no le debemos dar control. Esto incluye la institucion del matrimonio, familia, escuela,
medico, el govierno y hasta tu iglesia. Wow! solo necesitaba comentar
esto.... Cual es tu pensar acerca ...de esto? Por Laurie Jackson ☺
Thanks Cecilia! ☺
Then there’s the Government. America is based on people who wanted to serve the king of their choice. Need I go on here? There is a time for war and to fight for what you believe is true (proverbs: 24:6). I would not want to live in any other country. I believe we have the best government in the world. I hope we keep it a democracy. I really do. I’ll do my part and ponder. Oh and I’ll vote too. ☺ I used to just ask my husband, whom he was voting for because I was too lazy to think and research the issues for myself. Even though we still tend to vote the same, at least I know it’s my own vote now. ☺
The smart, wise and savvy business man/women will tell you NOT to put all your eggs in one basket. This is true for finances as well as community and even friendships. I took an amazing course from Britain called,” Uncommon Knowledge.” They taught about healthy community and relationships. It never dawned on me that I had all my eggs in one basket until of course I dropped the entire basket. Ooops! If you’re a work-a-holic… all your friends and support for life will be in ONE community. If you’re a church a-holic all your friends and support for life will be in one community. It is best to not be an “a holic” of any kind… lol. I’m learning that it is indeed healthy and wise to NOT have all your eggs in one basket.

Let us reason together………...

If the frog was “thinking” at all, he may say to himself. “I know I’m cold blooded and made to adapt my temperature to my environment, so I “think” I will jump out of THIS pot and check to see what’s going on elsewhere. If nothing is awry, then I’ll go back to my pot that I enjoyed.” But at least he checked it out. You see what I’m saying?

This mindset of “Not thinking for yourself” is permeating all of our institutions. Education becomes horrific, if the teacher does not encourage the student to reason.

To "put all your eggs in one basket" is to risk losing everything all at one time. Example: "My Husband is a very careful investor; he never puts all of his eggs in one basket." If you had a certain number of "eggs", it would be safest to put those eggs in different "baskets" and not "put them all in one basket". To "put all your eggs in one basket" would be to risk losing all of your "eggs" in case you drop that one "basket". Example: "The best way to gamble is to only bet small amounts of money and never put all your eggs in one basket." Example: "We know that you want to become an actor and we support you, but we still want you to graduate from college. Don't put all your eggs in one basket."

Another thought is: if one egg is “cracked”, all of its icky, gooey yokey stuff will get all over the other eggs. If you’re in that basket, just get out for a minute and get cleaned up so that you can help “Humpty Dumpty” get put back together again. ☺ (Matt 7:3-11)

I’m teaching my children to think for themselves. I give them my thoughts, sometimes weather they want them or not, but I still encourage them to think it through, ponder a little, see what others are saying. If it’s true now, it will be true later. If they are “truly” looking for the “truth.” they’ll “truly” find it. ☺

If the Doctor that is giving you an angioplasty has clogged arteries himself, get the angioplasty because he knows how to do that well. But DON’T ask him to help you keep your arteries from being clogged. ?? He obviously has not looked into all the solutions. You don’t have to stay in the pot people! I so admire my husband for looking into alternative medicine just after he had a minor heart attack. He is a wise egg! ☺ Get out there, ponder, cogitate and ask some questions for heaven sake!

One last great story and perrrrrfect example is this one. There was this young mother that was cutting off the ends of her ham before she put it in the pot. Her husband asked her why she did this. She said she didn’t really know, except that’s what her mom did. She then, asked her mother why SHE cut the ends of the ham off before putting the ham in the pot. Her mother didn’t know either and told her to go ask Grandma because that’s who she learned it from. You can only guess what Grandma said. Grandma says, “Because the pot was too small and we didn’t have enough money to buy a bigger pot!”

Hope you’re laughing and or at least “thinking” about it. ☺ I love you all, Laurie <3 <3 <3

3 comments:

  1. Laurie, I hear you gurl! ;-) It is frustrating. Enquiring minds want to know! (remember the commercial back in the 70's. LOL)

    I don't get it either, but it seems many people are afraid to think. People like you and me would blow up if we tried to turn it off. It's a vast difference and it seems, ne'er the two shall meet.

    I think it takes a traumatic event in many people's lives to make them think about things.

    Thanks for posting... this is timely, it's that time of year when my husband and I are shaking our heads trying to decide who to expend our breath on, telling then NOT to go get a fricken flu shot because it will make them sick...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much enjoyed reading your heart once again, I'm also trying to encourage my kids to "think" and not just "do", ask questions, lets find out together, you're an awesome mom Laurie:D I guess every once in a while we need to be reminded that is "OK" to ask and seek around for other alternatives, but most importantly is way better to go ask Jesus/God "if what I heard today is really His". What can I say Laurie, you rock my mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, Thanks... that is so awesome that you chose to educated yourself on that flu shot thing. I would love to hear what you've found. At this point we just try and eat well and take care of our bodies. Thanks for reading and did you get my text recently or can you even get texts? xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    Cecilia... Thank you for the compliment... Ditto x 2 The spanish translated to the Hml format but it left big gaps... maybe I'll get better at all that stuff... I so appreciate your words... xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete